Dodoknitz!! - Beautiful yarns, hand dyed with love..

Please visit http://dodoknitzofficial.blogspot.com/ to see my range of hand dyed yarns, dyed to order.

I also offer a Bespoke Dyeing Service, details available.

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Yesterday was really ...

the day from hell.

Everything blew up - initially between my sister and Ryan but ultimately everyone got involved and I now refuse to go anywhere near my dad's house unless my sister stays away.

It started with Ryan not being able to fix the stop light bulb on her car as he couldn't work out how to get the cover off without breaking it, then she took him and my neice to the cemetery to lay some flowers on my mum's stone and she removed some my dad had taken down (a sweet artificial rose) on monday which would've been their 54nd wedding anniversary and put them on my nan's stone, then they got back to dad's and she went on and on about the bulb on her car.

Then she started on Ryan and the fact that he doesn't know what he wants to do with his life. He asked her to drop it and, of course, she wouldn't so he told her that he'd got fed up with her last time she'd done it. She claimed she didn't know what she'd said and, when reminded, claimed it was a joke - which it clearly wasn't.

Then my niece (not quite 6) decided to get in on the act and told her mother that I had given the farm away to which my sister went ballistic, saying some of the stuff in the farm had been hers as a child - if that was the case then she should've lloked after it. Now toys in this family seem to end up in my loft and the farm had been over to my sister and back again every week for some time last year - we'd get it back in the loft and they'd want it again. We got so fed up with it and dad kept moaning about carting it backward and forward that I told him and my kids what I was doing and I was informed it was up to me.

She stormed out with my neice saying she was going to her friend and the atmosphere was instantly cleared but dad had to phone her and persuade her to come back for her lunch. She made a comment about his darling daughter (me) and he agreed, telling me that he didn't think the farm should've been given away!

They came back and then decided to eat their lunch in another room leading to even more trouble. She did say she didn't want to sit next to someone who eats like a pig - meaning Ryan!

Dad brought us straight home after that and, after he'd left, it turned out that when she'd left to go to her friend, she'd mouthed 'f*** **f' to Ryan (you may remember that not so long ago she casued trouble with me and dad over bad language being used on by Ryan on MSN).

Dad has told me this morning that he is going into the cemetery to put the flowers back on mum's stone and has even written it down so he doesn't forget.

2 comments:

suse-the-slow-knitta said...

your poor Dad being caught up in all this.
I hope everything calms down and ryan forgets about it ( not many boys that age can fix stoplights btw!)

dodo said...

Well, Ryan did a Motor Vehicle Maintenance course over the last two years as part of his GCSE's and she assumed that he knew what to do but he was working on Volkswagons not Nissans!