Dodoknitz!! - Beautiful yarns, hand dyed with love..

Please visit http://dodoknitzofficial.blogspot.com/ to see my range of hand dyed yarns, dyed to order.

I also offer a Bespoke Dyeing Service, details available.

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Ryan had his 6th form interview yesterday and rang me in a bit of a state as he’d got the impression the school didn’t want him back next year. Me being me immediately rang the head of 6th form who explained that, as Ryan had not managed to get the grades to start his A levels last september and was doing the buisiness course, he would more thank likely find it difficult to, in effect, go back a year and start year 12 again. She also felt that Ryan would be better off doing a vocational course at college as he clearly doesn’t do well in exam situations.

I phoned Central Sussex College (Crawley) for a prospectus, and Ryan is now seriously considering hairdressing as a career - particularly when I pointed out that rock bands need their hair doing too!


Now for a proud mum moment.

We had Amber’s consultation evening yesterday which, TBH, I was looking forward to like a hole in the head. As you all know, Amber has not a good few months and has never had a good school attendance record. Well ….

SHE IS DOING REALLY WELL with a lot of expected B grades and, I feel if she attended school more (and believe me, she will be) she could be on course for several A grades next year. Her Art teacher thinks she is very talented, which I have to agree with as does her Textiles teacher, who is so encouraging. One of her science teachers thinks she is a budding physicist as she got one of the highest grades in the class for her recent physics module, she got an A in a recent English task, is on course for a good B in History but maths is a problem as she does really well in class but can’t cope under exam conditions - and it is all exam marks in that subject!

I am so proud of my beautiful, intelligent daughter!

Actually I am proud of both my wonderful kids who mean the world to me.

1 comment:

Fluzz said...

Go Ryan and Amber!

If it helps her at all, when I was doing my GCSE's I was predicted C's, I revised and told myself not to worry, just do my best and I infact got B's!

Just stay calm, if you can do it in the class you can do it in the exam. :)

I reckon Ryan is going to be a great hairdresser! His photo at the side of the blog says it all.