Dodoknitz!! - Beautiful yarns, hand dyed with love..

Please visit http://dodoknitzofficial.blogspot.com/ to see my range of hand dyed yarns, dyed to order.

I also offer a Bespoke Dyeing Service, details available.

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Amber

I am having real problems with my daughter at the moment - one of us will definitely not survive her teens!

She says it's too cold to go to school but then she will only wear her poloshirt and not a sweatshirt, and this morning she had a sore toenail and only wanted to stay at home for that too!

Ryan, on the other hand, is not your average teenager - doesn't get too grumpy and is usually quite amenable especially to his old mum. He does flare up occasionally but then I think we all do from time to time.

I really miss my mum at the moment, in fact I've had a jolly good cry this morning. Amber just doesn't seem to understand that there's no-one like your mum!

4 comments:

Viknits said...

She will do in a few years! It's difficult being a teenage girl remember, I know it must be difficult being Mum too, sounds like you got luck with Ryan though! :)
Vik x

DD said...

my son was the same jo, even in depths of winter went to school in a shirt no jumper and the thinnest of jackets even though he had lovely warm ones in his wardrobe.... he told me it wasnt stylish to go to school in a thick coat, well to me, its daft, i would rather be warm than thought of as stylish and did when i was a teenager too. how times change eh!!

Unknown said...

I know how you feel ! As mum / step-mum to three daughters now aged 40, 21 and 19 I've been there, done that. Believe me it does get easier and they eventually turn into decent human beings although there were days, particularly with the youngest, when I wondered why I bothered LOL ! Sending hugs and good thoughts to help you through. Jacqui

Unknown said...

Whoops - I've just added 10 years to my eldest daughter's age, she's 30 !!!! As I'm 50, 40 would be impossible LOL !

Jacqui