Dodoknitz!! - Beautiful yarns, hand dyed with love..

Please visit http://dodoknitzofficial.blogspot.com/ to see my range of hand dyed yarns, dyed to order.

I also offer a Bespoke Dyeing Service, details available.

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Sad news


My beautiful baby, Susie cat was killed on the road outside our house yesterday morning but I didn't know she had died until lunchtime today when I finally heard from the RSPCA inspector. I thought it was strange that she didn't appear when i called her for her breakfast and when the kids came in from school they'd seen someone putting up signs to say a cat had been found. We managed to get through to the RSPCA but they had been told it was a tabby cat whereas Susie was calico/tortoiseshell, and they gave me the numbers of some local vets to try, but when no-one had treated a cat, I knew something bad had happened.

The RSPCA inspector said, from my description, it was Susie and that he hadn't seen such a beautiful cat for a long time, he is going to try and get her back for us but she was taken to the RSPCA centre in Patcham and their day for 'body disposal' is wednesday and I won't know until friday if we can bury her.

We will get a shrub to remember her by, and it will probably be something a bit prickly to match her personality.

Jasper (kitten) is going to be an indoor cat whether he likes it or not, but will be micro-chipped and we bought him a cat harness with a lead this morning so that Amber can take him for walks.

3 comments:

suse-the-slow-knitta said...

aawwwwww
hugs to you all

Poison_kitty said...

So Sorry to hear about Susie, but at least you know what came of her and that the rspca had tried to help her in her last moments.

Hugs

xxx

dodo said...

Thanks guys. sorry I haven't posted for a bit but my 'puter has been poorly.

jo xx