Dodoknitz!! - Beautiful yarns, hand dyed with love..

Please visit http://dodoknitzofficial.blogspot.com/ to see my range of hand dyed yarns, dyed to order.

I also offer a Bespoke Dyeing Service, details available.

Friday, December 11, 2009

Amber .......

.... went to the Clothes Show Live on wednesday and has come back feeling very low about her weight. Much as I expected, all the clothes were in small/medium and Amber is more like large and likes her clohtes baggy probably to hid the plumpness. She is cross with me for asking to speak to her head of year (unfortunately a man), as I think she needs support at school for all sorts of reasons. While she was out all day she never ate anything but pigged out a bit when she got home.

She doesn’t eat properly at all - loves chocolate, crisps and any type of proceseed chicken (dippers etc) with chips, but won’t eat vegetables in any shape or form. When I was her age I was about to be diagnosed with diabetes so have never really had the same problem although, after been prescribed insulin a year later I did balloon.

I’ve told her that, if she wants to slim down, it has to come from her and she has to try but she is pig-headedly saying that the doctor can give her something to take. She is not morbidly obese so healthy eating/exercixe is all the doctor will suggest, and exercise doesn’t feature in Amber’s world. She has asked me to buy anything she likes to eat when I go shopping next but I don’t want to se her with an eating problem/

Trouble is, all her friends are like stick insects which doesn’t help, as were all the models at the Clothes Show.

The Art department at school aren't helping either. Amber has become an 'Art Leader' which involves helping other kids with various art techniques, loads of the GCSE students have joined and the Art teacher has ordered size small for all the girls and size large for all the boys!

No comments: