Dodoknitz!! - Beautiful yarns, hand dyed with love..

Please visit http://dodoknitzofficial.blogspot.com/ to see my range of hand dyed yarns, dyed to order.

I also offer a Bespoke Dyeing Service, details available.

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Whoops!

Is it really over a week since I last posted?

1. Ryan is now 17.

2. I’ve finally had enough of Amber always beeing ill so we had a visit to the doctor yon tuesday.

Amber had suspected Swine Flu last October and hasn’t really been well since and I was beginning to wonder if she might have M.E. She has lost some weight (which isn’t really a bad thing as my daughter is large for her age), is always tired, gets lots of headaches, very pasty-looking and seems to be getting a lot of viruses and colds, one after the other.

She must be feeling off colour because she has occasionally used my testing kit to test her blood sugar without being prompted (Icheck both my kids if they start showing any possible symptoms of starting to develop diabetes) and even managed to do a first thing in the morning one which, I suppose, could’ve been a bit better.

The doctor did a full check and has arranged for Amber to have a fasting blood test on the tuesday after Easter (so that no school is missed as Amber has had lots of time off). I mentioned M.E. but the doctor never said anything and I didn’t want to make too much of it as Amber doesn’t know anything about the illness - yet.

There is probably nothing more than teenage-itis wrong with her.

3. Ummm - went into C & H Fabrics yesterday in Tunbridge Wells - BIG mistake!

Bought 2 Balls Rowam Wool Cotton to make some more gloves (purple), a 100g Regia Hand dyed effect yarn (probably a shawl) and 100g Regia yarn with silver runing through it for a shawl - probably Deirdre.

Whoops! Had a lovely day though.

Bought a new bag for my knitting from a stall and a lovely heavy silk scarf too.

I think I will have to sell some of my beloved bags (not knitted ones)!

4. Millie (spelt right) hasn't stopped 'moaning' since she had her op last week and seems to have an opinon of her own on everything and anything!

5. Jasper took it upon himslef to destroy on of my Knitpro tips by CHEWING IT! Ryan is buying me a new set of 3.5mm for Mothers Day (along with a skein of Malabrigo Silky Merino). Wonderful boy!

1 comment:

suse-the-slow-knitta said...

I hope amber hasn't got ME and just has something like post viral fatigue, swine flu can be exhausting.