Dodoknitz!! - Beautiful yarns, hand dyed with love..

Please visit http://dodoknitzofficial.blogspot.com/ to see my range of hand dyed yarns, dyed to order.

I also offer a Bespoke Dyeing Service, details available.

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Sisters!

As you all know, the relationship between myself and my sister is more than a little 'difficult' most of the time. Well, several years ago she gave me a desk, which I now constantly use as the computer is on it, and now she wants it back. She had arranged to order a handmade desk that Dad could pay for (she didn't ask him first) but he thought £375 was a bit too much and was looking for an alternative. The desk I use is not really suitable for a computer (it is a ladies' writing desk) so I mentioned to Dad that she could have this one back and I would have a new one.

We then discussed my sister's giant new coffee table (courtesay of ... Dad) and I mentioned that mine was getting a bit grotty - we bought it from a second hand shop about 7 years ago - and Dad said he would gladly buy me a new one,

When my sister arrived at Dad's house we told her she could have the desk and I would have a new one and that Dad had agreed to buy me a new coffee table so we went to the pine shop to have a look and cancel the desk she had ordered, While we were looking, I saw a next of table s I liked and my sister said she had a set I could have at home - in other words it was OK for her to have new but I'm only allowed secondhand! When I told Dad hew was, shall we say, bemused and offered to let me have the next of tables he's got (and I had asked him to leave me in his will) and he'll buy a new one. I really love these tables although they are a bit 70's (kidney shaped) as mum cherished them and I can remember when they were bought but now I'm worried they'll get ruined!

Last night I upset my sister (not hard to do) when I told her she would have to wait for the desk as I needed a replacment first - she was livid as she wants it NOW! Apparently I can put my computer on the dining table and we can eat off our laps. Talk about unreasonable!

Right, end of rant, going now!

No comments: