Dodoknitz!! - Beautiful yarns, hand dyed with love..

Please visit http://dodoknitzofficial.blogspot.com/ to see my range of hand dyed yarns, dyed to order.

I also offer a Bespoke Dyeing Service, details available.

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Devastated.

Wasn't brilliant news at the hospital yesterday - appointment started with the nurse asking me if I was registered as partially sighted and if not maybe it would soon be time to be, as my sight has definitely deteriorated since last year. Then I saw the doctor (not my usual one) who did a full examination and declared that he was not happy to let me go for any longer than FOUR months without being seen as I have 'an area of membrane near the macular with some changes'. He did keep mentioning laser treatment (I had loas from 1985 to 1988) and that it had saved my sight for the last twenty years, but did say that he was happy not to prescribe any treatment ... yet.

So now I am scared that maybe I am not going to be able to carry on as I am and that radical changes are afoot.

After talking to my best knitting buddy, we have decided it may be better for me NOT to buy a Hanne Falkenberg kit at Kangaroo! I am still going to go though as I'll feel better about things in three weeks' time.

No comments: