Dodoknitz!! - Beautiful yarns, hand dyed with love..

Please visit http://dodoknitzofficial.blogspot.com/ to see my range of hand dyed yarns, dyed to order.

I also offer a Bespoke Dyeing Service, details available.

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Amber

It seems Amber is not in a good place at the moment - she is not coping well at achool or emotionally and things that have happended to her since february 06 have had a marked effect on her.

Her father announced that he had been to a TV studio as his sister had 'found' him via the Tricia show (Channel 5). Amber was only 10 and this completely turned her world upside down - she discovered she had loads of family she didn't know about. This would have been hard for an adult to deal with let alone a ten year old, and her primary school showed no interest in her or the problem at the time.

Then my OH lost his mum a few weeks later.

This march (07) we lost my mum - I lost my rock, my best friend and my kids lost the only granmother they knew.

I had a very long chat with Amber's teacher at a Year 8 Briefing evening last night and showed her a letter I had stopped Amber from sending to her father as I felt it would show how Amber was feeling inside. I did write a note last week as Amber wasn't coping with some lessons and it seems that this helped her teacher discover who had written an annonymous comment during a Citizenship lesson about being unhappy. I feel better about the situation now that I have got her teacher and the Head of Lower School involved as I feel that maybe we can get some sort of help for Amber.

You may be wondering why Ryan wasn't so affacted - he has never known his real father as I was dumped when five months pregnant.

No comments: